Info On Permitting


Nevada law says you must register your production with the Nevada Film Office (NFO). It’s free and saves you guesswork, time and effort. Go to and select “Register Your Project.”



Permitting in Nevada is multijurisdictional across city and county lines. The completion of a Film Permit Application is required to film in the State of Nevada. An application package must be submitted to each desired filming jurisdiction. The application package typically consists of a Film Permit Application and Film Location Permit which outlines any special production needs such as pyrotechnics, traffic closures, etc.

Turn-around times for the receipt of a permit vary, and depend on the specifics of the production’s requirements. In Nevada, as in most places throughout the United States, proof of liability insurance by a company licensed to provide insurance in the State of Nevada is required for obtaining a film permit.

There are separate permitting requirements for locations outside of city and county limits such as: The Fremont Street Experience in Downtown Las Vegas, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) areas, National parks and State roads and highways.



Many Nevada county and city permits are free. Fees for wilderness and recreation areas, state parks and similar locations are based on the size of the crew, number of vehicles, type of use intended, expected impact and other variables. For additional details on fee requirements, please contact the counties and/or cities directly. For hyperlinks to individual city and county offices please visit our website at



Many sidewalks on Las Vegas Boulevard or “The Strip” are the private property of the hotels they border. In most cases you may have to contact the hotels directly to obtain permission to film on the sidewalks in front of their properties. Las Vegas Boulevard falls within the jurisdiction of Clark County and the City of Las Vegas. The dividing line is Sahara Avenue. Las Vegas Boulevard North of Sahara is the City of Las Vegas and South of Sahara is Clark County.

For more information on film permits call the Nevada Film Office toll free at 877-NEV-FILM (877-638-3456) and at 702-486-2711 or visit

As of January 2011 the City of Las Vegas will have new office hours: Monday thru Thursday from 7:30 - 5:30, closed on Fridays.

Southern Nevada

  • Boulder City
  • Permits (702) 293-9255
  • Website
  • Clark County Film Permit
  • (702) 455-3933
  • Website
  • Fremont Street Experience
  • Permits (702) 678-5708
  • Website
  • Henderson Police Department/Special Events & Permitting
  • Permits (702) 267-4586
  • Website
  • Las Vegas, City of
  • Film Permits
  • (702) 229-6737
  • Website
  • Laughlin, Town Manager
  • (702) 298-0828
  • Clark County Film Permits
  • Website
  • Mesquite City Hall
  • (702) 346-5295 ext. 280
  • Website
  • Click to email
  • North Las Vegas
  • Permits (702) 633-1520
  • Website

Northern Nevada

  • Carson City Special Events
  • (775) 887-2105
  • Website
  • Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
  • (775) 782-9900
  • Email
  • City of Reno Business License
  • (775) 326-6697
  • Website
  • City of Sparks Special Events
  • (775) 353-4063
  • Washoe County Business License
  • (775) 328-3733
  • Website

Southern Nevada

  • Las Vegas Bureau of Land Management
  • General (702) 515-5100
  • Website
  • Red Rock Conservation Area
  • (702) 515-5084
  • Website
  • Lake Mead National Recreation Area
  • (702) 293-8931
  • Website
  • Spring Mtn. Recreation Area & Mt. Charleston Wilderness: National Forestry
  • (702) 515-5400

Northern Nevada

  • Black Rock Desert/ Bureau of Land Management
  • (775) 623-1770
  • Website

Carson City and Reno

  • Bureau of Land Management
  • Carson City (775) 885-6000
  • Reno (775) 861-6500
  • Website
  • Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest,
  • United States Forest Service
  • (775) 352-1241 or (775) 352-1252
  • Website
  • Lake Tahoe Basin Management,
  • United States Forest Service
  • (530) 543-2671
  • Website